- Who we are
- What We Do
- Veteran Services
- News & Events
- Get Involved
Veteran Info Session For Positions with the BART Police Department
9 November 2016 - 12:35
Swords to Plowshares is partnering with BART Police Department to hold a veteran-specific information session about the application process for BART PD. Attendees will be able to take the BART PD entrance exam on December 3rd.
The information session will be on Monday, November 28, 10 AM to 12 PM in Oakland.
BART Police duties include protection of life and property, providing information and assistance to the public, enforcement of laws and ordinances, criminal investigation, crime prevention and suppression, and other duties as assigned.
- $4,522/mo while in academy
- $5,125/mo upon academy completion
- Medical, vision, and life insurance
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Free BART transportation for employees and dependents
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Passing all BART PD exams and completing academy requirements
In order to register for this information event, email our Employment & Training team at email@example.com by Friday November 25 with the answers to the following questions:
- What city do you live in?
- Do you have a copy of your DD214, Social Security card, and California ID?
- What branch of the military did you serve in?
- What was your discharge status?
More information about positions with BART PD is available at www.bart.gov/about/police.